Sometimes, while doing the Windows Update, Installing or Upgrading Windows 10 or running Windows Backup, etc., sometimes users might receive an error 0x80070057 on Windows 10. Generally, the users will see this error code when one or more arguments are not valid.
You may see this error code in the following manner, and the troubleshooting will only depend on when you see it:
- Windows Update, Upgrade or Installation.
- Partitioning a Disk.
- Windows Backup, the parameter is incorrect.
- System Image Restore Error 0x80070057.
- Downloading Windows Store Apps.
Steps to Troubleshoot Update Error 0x80070057 on Windows
However, all fixes will only depend on when you received the error. So first you need to go through the entire lists and then see that which applies with your error. And before starting the process, firstly, you might need to create a system restore point. And then you need to follow the process which is mentioned below. But to avoid all the troubles, you need to follow the steps in ascending order to avoid trouble and save your time and efforts. Here are a few simple steps-
- First, run the system file checker, to easily repair all the corrupted system files.
- Then, you need to re-register Store apps.
- Now, flush the contents of the Software Distribution Folder.
- Alternatively, Run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Now, manually reset the Windows Update components. Users can also reset Windows Update to default by using the Reset Windows update Components tool.
- When the user receives it while using the windows updates, or if you are using Windows 7, then you need to run the System Update Readiness Tool.
- Or the users of Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 may need to follow these steps to run the built-in Deployment Imaging and Servicing
- Generally, in Windows 10/8.1/8, the Inbox Corruption Repair brings the functionality of CheckSUR into Windows.
- Users even don’t require any separate download to get the tool. They just simply need to Run DISM Tool.
- Now, Reset Windows Store Cache.
- If you received it during the time of Windows Backup, the Run regedit and navigated towards the following key:
- Finally, you need to create a new DWORD value, first named it CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo, and at last give it a value of 1.
Emma Justine is a McAfee product expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Emma has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as Mcafee.com/Activate.